We are proud to provide independent expert defect investigation services to our commercial clients. We support commercial landlords, local authorities, housing associations, contractors, insurance companies and associated stakeholders deal with the consequences of improperly installed or failed insulation products.
Landlords are primarily responsible for maintenance work that is necessary to the fabric of the building. Where applicable, warranties must be retained for any works carried out at the property and should be referenced if a dispute arises. At Osborne Energy, we can support Landlords with their obligation to maintain properties and are able to offer regular maintenance and inspection regimes.
Here at Osborne Energy, we have intrusive and non-intrusive survey options available. Contact us for more information on how we can support you.
With our highly qualified team and extensive network of specialist sub-contractors we are proud to offer both desktop and site-based auditing to establish liability for any defect associated, but not limited to:
- External and Internal Solid Wall Insulation (Low Rise & High Rise)
- Commercial Cladding (Low Rise & High Rise)
- Loft Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- District Heating
- Biomass Heating
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Double Glazing
- Central Heating Systems
We have the ability to undertake and project manage any relevant remedial work that is identified, within an estimated timetable and agreed cost – clearly communicating with all stakeholders throughout.
100% of remedial works are inspected and signed off by a Technical Monitoring Agent.
Identifying the Issue
Following an in-depth analysis of each case, Osborne Energy will be able to indicate the source of the issue which may include:
- Poor design
- Incorrect application of the manufacture’s product
- Water penetration
- Mould growth
- Visible damp patches
- Poorly ﬁtted enabling works such as soil stacks
- Material falling off external walls
- Inadequate ventilation
Solution to Failure
- Complete minor remedials
- Install energy saving measures
- Provide training and lifestyle education
- Install appropriate ventilation
- Perform a re-application of product
Failure to Resolve
- Reduce the value of the property
- Cause major structural problems
- Reduce heat retention and increase fuel consumption
- Condensation resulting in damp and mould growth
- Adverse effects to health
Warranty & Insurance Cover
We work to identify if there is any warranty and/or insurance cover for the remedial work required and liaise with the appropriate companies to ensure that a valid claim is made.